Since 1892, when Rhinelander’s population was increasing, people interested in forming an Episcopal Church in the community began meeting in homes, the parish has been an active part of the community.
The church building was constructed in 1894 and has continued to welcome parishioners and visitors since.
For the past 25 years, St. Augustine’s has hosted The Table, a community meal program. The program has changed over the years as other offerings in the community have increased. The Table continues to be a partnership with community groups to provide meals on the last day of the month.
The church members enjoy music from piano and a wonderful pipe organ. The original Pilcher Organ was built in 1929, featuring 1,000 pipes.
An upgrade in 2005 allows music played on the organ to be recorded and played at a later date.